The first month of child care seems intimidating for both you and your child but it is equally exciting and the beginning of a new phase. It seems like a huge challenge to take care of everything. This can be taken care of by planning and be prepared for everything that is expected. Karana Downs kindergarten will help with everything that has to be taken care of and create a comfortable atmosphere for your child. With further tips and tricks, you can help your child get through the first month in the new environment.
Preparation is both mental and physical. You can take your child out and drive past the Karana Downs daycare centre to point it out as an exciting place and explain the whole idea about it being the second home. These centres are creatively stocked with different aspects like colours, materials, art supplies, and other natural materials. Start talking to them about all the fun things they will be doing along with friends at the centre. It will help your child mentally prepare to know the place and not be intimidated. This can be done a few weeks before the first day at the centre. You can also visit the centre a few times along with your child to help them get used to the new place, smell, people, and the environment.
Make a Checklist
Before the official day, make a checklist of all the things your child needs to bring.
- A bag with the child’s name written inside it. You can also provide your phone number for convenience.
- Keep a few essential clothing items like single underwear, t-shirt, shorts, socks.
- Tracksuit to help them keep warm during the cold weather
- If they are on toilet training, then keep a few extra pairs of clothing in the bag.
- Keep the bottle they use along with the milk.
- A favourite toy or other similar item
Do not pack any kind of chocolates or junk food for your children. If you want to give any healthy food items, make sure you hand them to the child care centre Mayfield staff member.
On The Day
It is highly recommended to have extra time for pick up and drop off on the first day:
- Show your child where their locker is
- Help your child to get settled into an activity
- Bid your child goodbye to let him know that you are leaving and you will be back after some time.
- Try to arrive early and not be late at all
- Try to spend some time with them playing
- Talk to the staff members
- Take all your child’s belongings
Try to be very confident and happy when leaving your child at a kindergarten Mayfield. This will help your child to settle better. If you seem upset and unhappy, your child will pick up on that and will be difficult for them to settle. It is very natural for your child to cry on the first day and being a parent it is difficult for you too. But try not to cry in front of your child until you are out of sight.