As we will be opening our Nature Kindergarten early this year, our long-standing Director of 8 years, is moving into a role where she will be an over-arching manager of our 4 services, so we are (still) looking for the perfect person to sit at the helm of our beautiful Karana Centre.
The most important thing to us, is finding the perfect person to journey alongside this incredible team, someone who honours children and childhood, and someone who will continue the team’s plans as they move into the new year. Initially, the successful applicant will work closely alongside our current Director, to learn the very real intricacies of life in a special place such as Karana.
Karana Early Education Centre is a special place where children can have authentic childhood experiences. We are a long-standing early years centre for children aged 15 months to 5-years, based in Karana Downs, Brisbane.
We are a small, family run service where everyone’s contribution is appreciated and valued – we recognise our educators as our greatest asset. You will be able (and be expected) to practice at the highest level, and there will be opportunities for further training and education.
We are currently recruiting for a Director. The ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified with a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree
- Hold a current working with children check, CPR & First Aid certificates, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Take pride in delivering beautiful environments, and a deep knowledge of child-centred practices
- Have leadership experience within Early Childhood Education
- Exude a passion and love for early childhood
- Have pride and passion in delivering the highest quality care and environments;
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Be able to promote and encourage a great team environment
- Be reliable, resourceful and proactive, and have a flexible and “can do” approach to their work
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently, and as part of a team
- Work well in a small and close-knit team
- Have a flexible nature
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with children and their families in a way that values parental involvement
- Lead a service that respects children and their life experiences, and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work closely with our current Director, easing into the role in a well-supported transition
- A supportive team-centric environment
- Opportunities to work alongside the other three outstanding Eskay Kids services
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
As well as emailing your resume, please forward a cover letter detailing your knowledge and experience in the Early Childhood Field. Please include information about what you personally can bring to this role, as well as information about your leadership values and practices.
The successful applicant will get to work for our exceptional centre which is renowned for innovative thinking, forward-thinking visions, exceptional practices and exceptional standards of care.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Sharon Kneen – Licensee
Karana Early Education Centre